Prepare for your day with us at the airport and plan your Speed of Sound Fest day!
There are two parking lots at the Speed of Sound Festival: the Economy Class Lot ($10 per vehicle) and the First Class Lot ($15 per vehicle). Both lots are on-site at the Dutchess County Airport (no shuttles required), however the First Class Lot is a much shorter walk from the Festival entrance! Economy Class ticket-holders ARE allowed to park in the First Class Lot as long they purchase a First Class Parking Pass.
We highly encourage carpooling (and don't forget to designate a sober driver).
**Update (8/4/16): All First Class Parking Passes are SOLD OUT!**
Make sure to buy your Economy Class (GA) or First Class (VIP) Passes before Sunday (by Saturday night at 11:59pm) to save $10 or more! Prices escalate to our "Day Of" price level on Sunday!
Did you pack your bags yourself?
Get prepared for your day with us at the Airport! Here's a list of some handy items to bring with you for our trip (and also a list of items to leave at home)!
What To Bring:
- Sunscreen + sunglasses (it's gonna be sunny, of course!)
- A reusable water bottle (Nalgene or Klean Kanteen work great!)
- Lawn chairs (you can set these up behind our "No Chair Zone")
- Blanket to lay in the grass
- Backpacks and purses are fine, but they are subject to search by security!
- Cash (some vendors may accept credit/debit, but some may not - we will also have an ATM on-site!)
- State or Federal issued ID (even if you look old, bring it!)
- A light jacket in case it gets chilly at night
- Earplugs (sometimes we like to ROCK OUT)
- Small handheld cameras or cell phone cameras to snap some pics!
- Friends! We'll have plenty of tickets available at the gate!
What To Leave At Home:
- Outside food / beverages (we've got PLENTY of great options at the festival!)
- Disposable plastic water bottles are not allowed this year! Check out our drinking water policy for this year!
- Glass items
- Weapons of any kind (no, not even your grandfather's old pocket knife)
- Professional grade photo/video/audio recording equipment (no detachable lenses)
- Grills / open flames of any kind - there is no tail-gating allowed on Airport property
- Illicit substances of any kind
- Pets of any kind
The Speed of Sound Festival will be running a free shuttle to and from the New Hamburg Train Station (Metro-North)! Here's the schedule for our free shuttle to and from the New Hamburg Metro-North station.
Get familiar with the site of the Speed of Sound Festival at the Dutchess County Airport!